How to add music to your Instagram Story: Rolled out in 2018, Music sticker for Instagram was an instant hit. Using this feature, everyone using Instagram can add songs to their photos or videos. Moreover, there is a vast list of songs available. The collection of songs is made in such a way that there is at least a song available for every mood and story you want to upload. In this article, we are going to discuss how to add to story on Instagram using Instagram Music.
Step By Step Guide To Adding Music In Your Instagram Stories
How to share Instagram post to the story you must download the latest version of the Instagram app. So head over to either Google Play store or the Apple App store, depending on whether you have an iPhone or an Android and then check if you have the latest version of the app. If not, update it to the latest version.
Now that you have the latest version of the app, let us see how you can add music to your Instagram stories:
- First, you have to take a picture or video, or select one from your gallery.
- After you have selected the picture or video, you want to upload as a story, swipe it up to open the stickers menu. Then from that menu, choose the ‘Music’ Sticker.
- After selecting the music sticker, you will see that the music collection for Instagram music will open with categories like Popular, For you, Moods, Genres, or Browse.
- There is also a preview button on the right side, which you can select to listen to a small version of the song so that you can decide whether you want that song.
- After you have chosen the song you want to use for your story, you have to choose which part of the song you want to use. Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow you to use one full song as one story because Instagram stories have time limitations. So you need to choose the part of the song you want to use for your story.
- With Instagram stories, you can choose how to add music to ig story, although there is a maximum time limit of 15 seconds.
- Moreover, if lyrics are available for the song you chose, they will come up automatically.
- You also get the option to customize the font of the lyrics as per your choice.
- When your followers click on the lyrics, they can find more information about the song and the artist.
So this is how to add music to Instagram post, Instagram stories. As usual, along with the music, you can also add GIFs, stickers, emojis, and write things on your story. In this way, you can create an exciting story for your followers.
The Countries Where Instagram Music Is Available
When Instagram music was first launched, it was available in just seven countries, namely France, Germany, Australia, the UK, New Zealand, Sweden, and the US. Slowly Instagram started rolling to different countries in Europe and Asia. Now Instagram Music is available in 30+ countries, and the number is growing every day.
Why can’t I add music to my Instagram story?
If, for some reason, Instagram Music is not running on your device, first check if your country is one of the countries where Instagram Music is supported. If you see that Instagram Music is supported in your country, but for some reason, it is not working on your device, try these troubleshooting techniques:
- Check if you have the latest version of the app or not. If not, go to the Google Play store or the Apple app store and update your app.
- If still your app does not work for some reason try this method:
- Logout of Instagram and log back in and then try Instagram Music
- Uninstall the Instagram app and reinstall the app and try to use Instagram Music
- Go to the app setting and clear cache and data for your Instagram and then relaunch the app to see if Instagram Music is working or not.
If none of the above methods work, then remember this, sometimes even when an update has been pushed, it takes time to reach every device. So even if Instagram music is supposed to work in your regions and the app is updated, sometimes the major update is not there yet. So wait and keep an eye on the available updates on your app store.
Which Songs Are Available On Instagram Music?
Instagram Music’s library is filled with the latest and classic songs. From Queen to Linkin Park, you will find thousands of well-known songs from world-famous artists. On the other hand, songs native to your region are also available. For example, in India, you will find songs from mainstream movies from Bollywood, but songs of different languages like Tamil, Telugu, and Bengali are also available.
- How to add music to Instagram stories without using the Music Sticker?
If, for some reason, you cannot use Instagram Music, or you do not want to use Instagram Music, there are alternative ways to use a story with music on it. You can always record a video with music and upload it as your story.
In this way, your story will not have a music sticker but will have your chosen music. Alternatively, you can also take a picture, use the many editing software available online, add music, and make it a still picture video with background music. So in this way, you can have a story that feels exactly like a story with Instagram music except the Instagram Music feature will not even be used.
- Will it works on an Android Device?
Instagram Music will work on all devices, be it an iPhone or an Android. It also does not matter which manufacturer’s phone you are using when it comes to Android. OnePlus, Samsung, LG, etc. all will support Instagram music if your other parameters are working as well. Other parameters mean that your region supports Instagram Music, and you have the updated app.
- What to do if Instagram Music is not available in my country?
There are many countries where Instagram music is not available. The best thing to do in this case is to wait until Instagram officially rolls out an update supporting your country. Other than that, if you do not want to, you can always use a VPN. A VPN or a Virtual Private Network fools the app you are using into thinking that you are from a different country.
To use a VPN, all you have to do is download the app and then choose a country you want your IP address to be. Now when you open any app which you have installed, it will open as it would have opened if the app was opened in the country you chose on the VPN app. So to get Instagram Music, you must set the location to a country where Instagram Music works, and voila Instagram Music will start working the moment you open the app.
More than 500 million people use Instagram Stories, and there will be countless music stories we will see.
Post You May Also Like